Dreaming of fresh squeezed orange juice on a nice, sunny day? These healthy, protein-packed, Orangelicious Muffins will conquer those cravings, while providing your body with tons of nutrients!
· 1 ½ Cups of Oat Flour (or all-purpose gluten free or whole wheat flour, or you can use all almond flour for grain free)
· 1 ½ Cups of Fine Almond Flour
· 1 TBS Baking Powder
· ½ tsp Salt
· 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
· 1/3 Cup of Enjoy Like Mini Chips + ¼ cup (save for sprinkling on the top)
*Optional, coarse organic sugar, Stevia Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar to sprinkle on muffin tops)
· Zest from One Large Orange (1 to 2 TBS)
· 2/3 Cup of Honey or Agave (or use ½ cup of Stevia)
· 2 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
· 4 Large Eggs (to make Vegan, use 4 flax eggs instead)
· 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
· ½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
· 2/3 cup of Orange Juice
· 2 TBS Melted and Cooled Coconut Oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line muffin tin pan with liners and spray the insides of the liners with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and protein powder.
4. In a separate large bowl, mix the eggs, vanilla, OJ, orange zest, almond milk and honey.
5. Gently fold in the dry ingredients until just combined, then stir in the melted cooled coconut oil.
6. Fold in 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
7. Divide batter evenly between prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining chocolate chips and optional coarse sugar.
8. Bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes 15 muffins. Calories per muffin (when using all almond flour):
Calories: 260; Protein: 10.6g; Carbs: 23.8g; Fats: 15.6g; Fiber: 3.3g