Who says you can't have pizza for breakfast?! In fact, when you think about it, pizza contains more nutrients than most breakfast foods out there! You have your whole grains (complex carbs), dairy (protein), sauce (fruit/veggie) and whatever toppings you care to add to it! IMO, this is my kind of "super" food! ;)
If you're bored with your same ol' oatmeal, cereal, smoothie breakfast, change things up with breakfast pizza! Get creative and make it fun!
Makes 1 Serving
1 Wholegrain wrap or 2 Joseph's Low-Carb Pita's
1/2 Cup liquid egg whites
1/4 cup fresh shredded mozzarella or feta or goat cheese 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
Pinch of garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper ﬂakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a baking sheet or pizza pan lightly with cooking spray.
3. Bake tortilla on sheet or pan 3 minutes, ﬂip then bake 3 more minutes - until the tortilla crisps up. If using a Joseph's Low-Carb Pita, you can just skip this step!
4. Meanwhile, pan-scramble egg whites with garlic powder, sea salt and pepper (or your favorite spices)
5. After the tortilla is crisped, remove it from the oven.
6. Sprinkle cheese over crust.
7. Top with tomatoes, spinach leaves, then scrambled egg whites.
8. Bake about 5 minutes until heated through.
9. Sprinkle with red pepper ﬂakes.
Feel free to add any additional toppings! Another great option would be:
Mexican Breakfast Pizza: taco seasoned ground turkey or grilled chicken with Mexican cheese blend, eggs, salsa and avocado
This is a breakfast the whole family will enjoy! If you have kids, let them prepare their own pizzas and make breakfast something to look forward to! And who say's you can't have breakfast for dinner? Have this at any time of the day!