Need a quick, high protein, flavor-packed meal that you can make in about 15 minutes? Try out one of our clients favorite recipes, our Egg Roll In a Bowl!
EGG ROLL IN A BOWL
Makes 2 servings
• 8oz. chicken, turkey or beef
• 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or gluten-free option Tamari sauce
• 1/2 small onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 2 1/2 cups finely sliced cabbage
• 2 cups finely sliced baby bok choy
• 1/2 cup shredded carrots
• 2 1/2 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
• 1/2 teaspoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
• 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 1 medium scallions, sliced
1. Set a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add the meat and 1 tablespoon of the soy or tamari sauce and cook, using a wooden spoon to break the meat into small pieces as it browns, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are soft,
2 to 3 minutes. Add the cabbage, bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms.
4. Pour in the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, the rice wine, and sesame oil.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage and bok choy are wilted but still
crunchy, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve hot, garnished with scallions.